Friday, June 13, 2008

OUCH!!!! My hand hurts!!!

On Thursday, I went to the dermatologist. He took one look at my hand and said, "It's a pyogenic granuloma." And I asked him what it was. Sometimes pregnant women get these growths that start out small like a blood blister or a bug bite. The body doesn't know to stop healing the sore and this growth of skin and blood start to form. The doctor told me he hasn't seen one so big as the one on my hand. He had to numb the area around it and slice it off. They will send it to a lab to make sure it's not a tumor or cancerous. Then, he had to scrape the skin and flesh and it bled like crazy. I watched some of it and during some parts, I had to look away. The part that freaked me out was the cauterizing of the skin. It smelled like something was burning. GROSS!!! Hopefully, it will not grow back again. My body did weird things while I was pregnant.
I have this sore on my hand that will probably take awhile to heal over. The doctor said I will have a big white scar when it is all healed.

Another shot of the sore. It is painful and I keep knocking my knuckle into things. Of course when I go out, I wear a band-aid so I don't freak people out.
Brenna is on the left in purple and Chantrell is in pink with the green binkie by her face. I had them on the bed by each other. When Chantrell is feeling better and doesn't have her infection anymore, I will put them close together for some really cute pictures. Right now, if you pick up and touch Chantrell, you have to wash your hands before you touch Brenna. We are trying not to get Brenna sick with the same infection that Chantrell has.Baby Chantrell asleep on the couch. Her shirt says, "Favorite things, daddy, hugs, kisses." I just love this outfit with the purple and white striped pants. It is so cute how she sleeps with her arms up by her head.

Baby Brenna curled up on the couch. She was waking up and crying.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

DJ said...

I'm glad you finally had your hand looked at and had that thing removed. I love looking at pictures of the girls in their natural home environment wearing cute clothes, they look so cute