Friday, June 20, 2008

Inquiring minds want to know...

OK, here are some answers to your questions Debbie and Erica. The girls will be blessed on July 6th in the Seaside Ward. I have talked with my bishop and given him the information that he needs to do the paperwork. He will contact mom's bishop in Seaside and they will make the arrangements. Mom already got the girls their beautiful blessing dresses, tights and shoes. Aunt Deanna made the girls the prettiest white blankets. I am looking forward to Dad blessing the girls with a lot of our family present. Make sure you bring church clothes with you when you come to the reunion.

I have called Southwest Airlines and found out that the girls can stay in their carseats and have their own seat, only if the plane is not full. If the flight is full, then we have to hold the girls on our laps and stow the carseats. I have their birth certificates which is required by the airlines for proof of age. Barry and I can each have two checked luggage, one carry on and a personal item, like a purse or diaper bag. We should be OK with that many items. It will be interesting flying with babies. We will have bottles in their mouths when we take off and land. That way, they will be sucking from the bottle and not notice the change in air pressure and make their ears pop.

The girls are on their own schedule for eating and sleeping. Sometimes, they both want to eat at the same time and Barry helps me. Other times, there is an hour between the two feedings. Whoever is awake and crying gets the attention. At night, I take care of the babies and I let Barry get some sleep. He can't sleep during the day. For me, it's no problem. I can sleep anytime day or night. I just fed Brenna and got her to sleep at about 12:30 am. She should sleep for about three hours. Chantrell is due to wake up at about 2 am for her bottle. I try to sleep at night in between feedings, but it just makes me more tired. I would rather just stay awake and alert all night and then crash at about 6 am when Barry gets up. He lets me sleep until 12 noon or 1 pm. I sleep really good when I know he has both the girls out in the living room taking care of them. He is such a good daddy with the girls. I catch him playing with them and talking to them in funny voices. He doesn't mind changing dirty diapers, making bottles, feeding them their vitamins and medicine when they need it. I love him very much and couldn't have picked a better man for my husband.

4 comments:

ebow said...

What time is church on Sunday?

Michelle Lee said...

I think that mom said her church starts at 10 am.

Jennifer said...

What a cool posting. That was so informative and genuine. I love hearing how much Barry is helping you and I bet he is the best big daddy ever! I am so excited to hear about the blessing day and especially that Dad has decided to bless them!! Brian and I are so pleased. What fun you must be having staying up all night with hungry twin babies..just kidding!Poor Shelly, you are such a good Mama. It sounds like you've got everything all worked out. Keep up the good work and good luck on the plane with two, I thought we had it bad with one! Love Jenn

DJ said...

I'm disappointed that we won't be able to stay for the blessing. We have to be back Monday the 7th for work, and it takes two days to get back, so we have to leave Sat. the 6th. Take lots of pictures for us. Sounds like you're ready for the trip, good luck on the flight, I'm sure the girls will do just fine.