Friday, November 30, 2007

The first snowfall in Reno.




Today it snowed for the first time this winter. It was so pretty to see all the white covering the ground. The kids at school were so excited and wanted to play in it. The snow only lasted a couple of hours and then it all melted. I ran outside and took a couple of pictures of the street and the school with the snow falling. I love that I have big windows in my classroom, so we could all look outside at the snow falling. We sang Christmas songs and made red and green paper chains today to decorate the classroom. I read a story about a snowy day and the kids loved it. I still have some problem children but I can see some changes and school is getting easier to teach. I have a new carpet for the kids to sit on and each child has a letter of their own. My class is earning a popcorn party. They have to be good during calendar and do their seat work and then I put marbles in a jar every day. I have tables labeled with shapes and each table gets points for good behavior. The table that has the most points wins a prize at the end of the week. I am trying more positive things to get the kids to behave. It also helps that I finally have all the teacher supplies that they ordered for me instead of always borrowing things from other teachers. I think that by January I will have everything organized, filed away, and unpacked and have a good behaving class. I remember my first year teaching kindergarten that by January things settled into a good routine and the kids learn so much from that point on to the end of the school year. My fingers are crossed!!!
Lunchtime recess. Most of the snow was melted already by 11:30 am.

4 comments:

pkabow said...

We took Hwy 26 today to go to McMinnville and there was snow up at the top of the mountains. Snow mixed with rain is predicted for here for tomorrow (Saturday) morning. The kids are so excited by the prospect and remember the fun they had sledding last winter. I am glad your teaching is getting easier. You didn't say anything about your pregnancy doctor or a new car. Are either of those in the works?

Michelle Lee said...

Pregnancy doctor appt. will be during our Christmas break. I have two weeks off from school. Then I have time for an appt. As far as the new car, it probably won't be until Jan or Feb until I can save up about $1000 for a down payment. Barry and Tony and I are doing the car pool thing and it's working for now.

DJ said...

When will you have an ultra sound and are you carrying one or do you know yet if it might be more? Post a picture of your growing tummy.

Jamie said...

Wow, snow we don't see that here in Az:) It looks awsome and fun but I hate being cold! Well we want tummy pics soon:)