Monday, May 26, 2008

New colors on the blog for my little girls.

The girls are not home yet. We almost had Brenna out of the hospital on Saturday but she didn't do well on her feeding. Her heartrate dipped below 100 (it's called a "Braidy", like in the Brady Bunch, I probably did not spell it right) and when that happens the bell goes off on her monitor. The nurse had to report it to the doctor and they felt she wasn't ready to go home yet. Chantrell has had a few Braidy's too during her feedings. You have to pull the bottle out and sit the girls upright and then they remember to breath. Other little babies have their monitors going off all the time. I never noticed how often my girls would have these problems before. Now, that I know more about the machines and what they monitor, I am super sensitive to what happens during feeding times.

I love giving the girls their baths, even if they are slippery when wet and I almost drop them in the little tubs. I have to visit with them every day, sometimes twice a day. They are so cute and cuddly and smell so good. The nurse and doctor keep saying that the girls may come home in a couple of days. But Brenna has her feeding tube back in again because she can't keep up with the demanding feeding schedule. We will have to wait and see when they are actually in the carseats in the car, then I will believe that they are coming home.

Barry and I have enjoyed having Debbie visit with us for the last week. It is nice to show off the girls and have some more family here. We have gone shopping at Babies R Us for bottles, a bottle brush, crib blanket and burp rags. Thank You to Lisa for the gift cards!!! Debbie also showed me this cool store called Once Upon A Child that has gently used baby furniture, toys and clothes. She got me a wipey warmer, two receiving blankets, and a play toy that changes as the baby grows up. We had lunch afterwards at Baja Fresh, my favorite place to eat. Monday, we went to Lake Tahoe for a drive to look at all the pretty sceanery. It was nice to breath in the fresh mountain air and see the gorgeous blue lake. I will post some pictures soon.

No comments: