Friday, February 20, 2009

Elk, Snow, and Babies.

We awoke to screams of, "The elk are in our backyard!" This is the closest we have been to the herd before.
They were eating our grass before we scared them away.
We followed them to the neighbor's yard where they felt more secure. There is a pond down the hill and lots of vegetation for them to eat.
Elk bottoms are funny to look at.
The first snow fall of December. That month we had several storms that dumped 6 inches of snow on the Oregon Coast.

Looking from the deck over to the neighbor's house.

Another view from the deck.
Tiffany's suburban got a light dusting of snow.
The girls are waiting to go outside and play in the snow.

My nephews Ryder and Racer are on their bikes checking out the white stuff.

"Oh, what fun to be a kid again!"

Daddy Barry and his girls. Chantrell is the white bear and Brenna is the pink bear.

Mommy Shelly and the babies. Don't mind me...I just got up and didn't do anything with my hair or make-up.

The girl's first time in the snow. They thought it was cold on their hands and in their mouths.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute the girls look. And finally a picture of your sweet smile. I love seeing the elk. How exciting is that, not even deer...but elk. I thought by now there would be lots of snow, but maybe not. I'm glad you're posting again!!